Please help / Computer freezes up

Status
Not open for further replies.
can u replace the cpu heatsink? cant be video card. I had freezing issues when my stock heatsink didn't spin fast as it use to.

If the CPU Heatsink and fan is'nt working correctly then wouldn't my processor be over heating? My temps are good.
I already checked for worms, adaware and viruses. I updated my Spybot, Ad-Aware and Norton Anti Virus, turned off system restore, booted in safe mode, did complete system scans on my C: drive and found nothing.
So If you are saying that it can't be my graphics card then all that leaves is the processor and motherboard.

I ran the Hard Drive Diagnostics Utility. I got a failed response on my hard drive. Could that be my problem?

Also, If I am getting froze up before I even get past my Mobo Logo screen, how could that be the hard drive? If I disconnect my hard drive and start my computer up it still gets past the post screen that it usually freezes up on.

yea but u idle at 37c probably fluctuates higher when using programs like u mentioned above. I'm betting my money its the heatsink.

What RPM should my heatsink fan be running at? How can I check it? Possible to check it with a multimeter?

Also, I just removed my heatsink, cleaned it all out, turned off cool and quiet and re pasted with Artic Silver 5. My bios says the CPU temp is 40C/104F and the CPU fan is running at 3140 rpm

I will run that test. For the meantime I will be reinstalling windows on my hard drive. I tried running repair formy windows because I was failing the NTFS partition of my hard drive and I thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to try, but it did. I ran into alot of problems with missing system files and couldn't get back into windows. But I guess it's not too bad, I made back ups of alot of stuff I had before I did it so it should be fine. I just deleted my whole partition on my hard drive and am going to reinstall windows and then run my tests. If there was any type of bug causing these problems it gone now. So I will get back to finishing this up and let you know what is going on. Its either my hard drive, which I really doubt. Or it's my cpu or motherboard.

Well after all the trouble I went thru, it ended up being my graphics card causing all my lock ups. The memory on the card was going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom