Noobies Please Read (DX10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BuddyRo said:
This discussion has gotten way off topic... but for the most part, Try to hang with me now Methian... u have 400$ u have a choice of an ATI X1950XTX OR a 8800GTS... ok which wuld u buy? HOPEFULLY u wuld choose the 8800... I hope...

And if u wuld've read the 1st post u wuld have seen the part that said $$$$ cards... wich i think means High dollar cards, soooo i pick the X1950xtx and the 8800gts... now if i was wrong there then plz point me in the rite direction...

If I had $400, I'g get an 8800GTS in a hearbeat. But (pay attention) NOT because it's a DirectX 10 card!!. Because the 8800 overpowers an X1950XTX by a fair margin. Simple as that. I don't even understand why there's a debate about it. Anyone who's smart enough to read reviews knows an 8800GTS beats any other video card right now. But you people insist on making it a DirectX issue!!

well i've been considering buying a dx10 card, but, i thought to myself that it makes no sense. first off, i'm not paying 300+ bucks for a new windows operating system. second, i'm not play 500+ for a video card that supports no games that i play in DX10. hopefully, nvidia will do like they did in the 7 series and release cards below the 8800GTX/GTS, for those who don't want to upgrade a new powersupply and case because the thing is so **** huge/power hungry. Even when dx10 starts being utilized in more games, i probably won't spend the money unless there is a really awsome shooter that i'll like. plus, there are very little vista drivers.

Meithan said:
I don't even understand why there's a debate about it. Anyone who's smart enough to read reviews knows an 8800GTS beats any other video card right now. But you people insist on making it a DirectX issue!!

LoL thats what the Poster was trying to get across...

Case Closed...

Yes, I think it was his intention, but the wording was poor. Since the thread was supposedly directed at noobs, it should be extra clear.

He said: Basically don't spend more than $200 on a DX9 graphics card when DX10 is already in production!! DUH!!.

Evaluate the connotations behind that statement. He's suggesting that the reason one should not purchase a DX9 card over $200 is the fact that DX10 is out.

Besides, $200 is far too low. I'd say the breakpoint is around $350. Above this point, getting an 8800GTS (if possible) is a better option. But any DX9 card below $350 will be an excellent choice (not that there are too many choiced). You wouldn't be wasting money and it would not be a bad choice, as the original poster suggested.

lol actually the poster contradicts his self by saying $$$$ dx9 cards, and a card over 200$....

so really this whole topic is useless... lol think we need to let this thread die...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom