Hard Drive Going Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
Well it turns out that after all the testing I've done, my hard drive is failing tests. I also ran a memory test and my memory seems fine. Do radical freeze ups sound like a hard drive failing?

Well anyways the biggest question I have is...What can I do to transfer all my stuff on my hard drive while it still works onto another new hard drive? With the older IDE hard drive I could link them together and just transfer my files from one to another. But with the sata hard drives I dont know what to do.

Get a new SATA drive and hook up the old IDE in the secondary IDE channel. Once windows is installed on the new drive then simpply drag folder to the new drive and then use the old IDE drive as a frisbee. :)

Hard drive maker sites like http://www.maxtor.com offer free tools that will copy your old drive to a new drive (even if its not maxtor brand). Some sites will even offer .iso to make your own boot cd to use the application.

RicoDirenzo said:
Get a new SATA drive and hook up the old IDE in the secondary IDE channel. Once windows is installed on the new drive then simpply drag folder to the new drive and then use the old IDE drive as a frisbee. :)

I don't have a IDE hard drive. It's a sata. And the new one will be a sata also.

Is there a way to transfer my whole hard drive to the new one? I mean including windows and everything. I don't have a windows any more and would like to avoid having to buy a new windows.

poorman said:
Hard drive maker sites like http://www.maxtor.com offer free tools that will copy your old drive to a new drive (even if its not maxtor brand). Some sites will even offer .iso to make your own boot cd to use the application.

good software on that site especially the diagnostic tool, thats IF ur using a maxtor :bald:

sylwek said:
good software on that site especially the diagnostic tool, thats IF ur using a maxtor :bald:

And technically maxtor doesnt exist anymore. They were bought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom