How long does it take a newb to assemble and start a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
I pretty much got my order finalized and hopefully will order everything I need tommorow. I was just curious. My expierience is I have installed a Graphics Card before (woohoo) and have taken apart a couple different PCs, but never assembled one from scratch. However I work on Cars/Car Audio/Home Theatre systems alot, so I have pretty good mechanical skills

After I get all my PC parts, how long would guys say it would take me to put together the PC and get Windows Installed?

Thanks
Joe

When I started looking at parts in May 05, I had everything ordered and knew what to do within a few weeks of becoming interested in building my own machine. It took me 2 or 3 days since I started before I got my 6800 GT and... another part, can't remember, Ram or HD. a necessary item. Finished up the day I got the final parts.

Putting it together is the easy part, it's all pretty much straight forward. The hardest part I found was learning how to order the parts, you had ddr 400, 184 pin etc, everything had to match up.

Final answer, 2 days max for you. Likely a 1 day job.

shouldnt take more then an hour or two to put the thing together
then of course you have to install an os and what not which may take a while

If I could get a copy of Vista Home, would you guys recommend me installing that as the OS, or would you recommend me keeping XP and just using that for now. Im hearing all kinds of crap about Vista. How hard it is to use, etc

I'm running XP MCE 2005. You can always get XP, and buy an upgrade to Vista later on for cheaper probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom