Core 2 Extreme/Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most programs don't know how to use more than one core anyhow, and 4 can mess things up.
A waist of money (as of now) if you ask me.

If you really want a Quad Core, just wait about 3 more months, they plan to have a massive drop in price very soon.

the hardware and technology alike for quad cores is extremely new, therefore its really expensive...in about a year or two, more proframs and apps will utilize quad core and therefore it will lower the price.....
i dont really know why you would physically need four cores....two is good for now...

its not even a true "quad" core. Its just 2 dual cores put together. There are no programs that can use 2 dual cores together for max performance. Your better off just getting a dual core processor like a 6600.

Third Quarter '07 AMD comes out with competition, prices will drop, applications and programs will be able to use this new technology.

westmn said:
Most programs don't know how to use more than one core anyhow, and 4 can mess things up.
A waist of money (as of now) if you ask me.

its not just about what can utilize, thats why you just set affinities to all your programs, sure its not great for an average user, but for music and video editors it is a dream.

and sure its a not a true "quad core", it is only 2 processors 2 die's.. but big whoop, does it make a difference when its doing that good???

wait for their true quad core with the 45nm if you really want something.. two penryn on one die is gonna be insane..

and q6600 are to drop to the 500 dollar price range while e6700 should be dropped to 315 ish.. i think thats all due in april or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom