Cooling tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraggle

Solid State Member
I just recently built my first pc, its noting special component wise but I wasnt aiming for the stars, just the top of my house :p
Anywho the case I bought has a side window and the cables are all showing, now apart from this looking particualry poor, its not aiding my air flow situation. The case (shown here) has a fan on the side and two at the back. Does anybody hve any tips on where I can put the power cables? I have managed to keep my round IDE cables tidy and extra parts tucked into empty drive bays but I need to resolve the power cable issue.

I just bent mine straight back behind the drives and ran it up, and over the top.. you can check the pics on my sig, but you basically have to hide it behind the rack i think is the term for it. good luck with that.

naa, just take the power line off your mobo, and start pushing it all back behind the racking, and then bring it back around right next to the power connector on the mobo...

Ive got some cables dragging along the bottom of my case from the two rear fans that are really annoying and to get them behind the mobo i will need to remove it

well my wires are running from the back, down and along the side of my case, the closer side, so you can't even see them, then around the racking and up, etc... all I'm saying is you shouldn't have to remove your board, i couldn't fit a penny behind my mobo tray, there's no room between that and the case.

what u have to do is get some extension (if your PSU cables are long then u dont have to get the extensions). I just ran the cables up and with some zip ties i put them on top of my PSU. I have like a inch or so space between the PSU and the top of my case so that worked well. Also what u can do... is u can loom the cables or sleeve them. Looming them is eaiser. Its liek a plastic tubing but its not really tubing that u put around the cables and they make it so its looks very organized.

I've got the cables loomed already, i was going to put some of the cables from my two rear and single side fan round the back of my mobo but theres no room between my mobo and the system units base or side so I`m a bit stuck there.

let me know or beter yet post a picture on how it turns out cuz i have the same box
corel.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom