In Runtime
My current specs are:

AMD64 3200+ Venice Socket 939
MSI Neo4 Platinum mobo
1 GB (512mbx2) OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Platinum Revision 2
500GB (250gbx2) WD Sata150 hard drives
eVGA 6800GT
Rosewill 550W PSU

I know my ram is a great overclocker, but I can't seem to go higher than 2.4GHz stably.

Here are the stats I am running at:

Multiplier-10
FSB-240
RAM Timings- 2.5-3-3-8
RAM Speed- 205mhz
CPU Voltage- 1.45V
Ram Voltage- 2.6V
Chipset Votlage- 1.6V

Am I doing something wrong, or is it one of my parts that is holding me back?

loosen your memory timings to maybe 4-4-4-12, might help. also every overclock is going to be different.

If your RAM is a great overclocker, then messing with the RAM most likely don't do much. If your RAM isn't crapping out, it's most likely the CPU or the motherboard... Are you using stock cooling?

You might have to up the Vcore to make it more stable. Don't those come at like 2.2 anyway? There's no reason to have to mess with already great RAM to go above a .2 increase.

I am using a Zalman 7700 cooler which keeps things very cool and system temps are very low.
Could it be my hardware? or should I just keep trying different settings?

there's no way you should have to set that ddr ram at 4-4-4-12 timings.
you shouldnt have to up the vcore much yet.
what stability tests are you using?
you can use different ones to narrow the problem down a little.
i can give examples if you need them.
i think typically it will be the mobo limiting the overclock, not the cpu.
can you adjust the htt multiplier? or bus speed, maybe on this mobo? if so, put it down a notch or two.
if you have one (i am not too familiar with your mobo or cpu) and it is set to 5, you are probably overclocking your ht bus too much 240 x 5 = 1200mhz. the max bus speed on that mobo i believe is 1000mhz. perhaps you need to lower the multiplier associated with the bus (whatever it is called in your case) so that the max bus speed is at or below 1000mhz.
in any event...if i am on the right page, having that bus too high will keep you from raising clock speed very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom