Another Ram Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Ok this is another quick question about ram.

If lets say my dad had 3x 512mb DDR PC 2700 ram sticks in his pc totalling 1.5gb ram, could a 1GB Stick DDR2 PC5300 Ram be quicker because of the later technology and higher speeds, or is more ram better no matter what.

I was thinking this because it always just says the amount of ram needed on game specs even though theres fast ram slow ram ect ect.

Thanks

I personaly would go with the 1x DDR2 PC5300 1 gig RAM. It provides more room for RAM, and the faster speeds will possible help, depending on your other specs, and I think 1 GIG is plenty for most things. I have 1 gig and im only currently useing 38% of it. :)

I thought that x2 512 mb of DDR2 ram would be quicker becuase there are 2 of them. Thats what I have heard.

Thats what I always thought too, that 2 chips would take less strain then 1 chip.

But your talking about switching from DDR to DDR2 and from 2700 to 5300 thats a BIG difference to me and imo worth the loss of the 512 and just having the 1GB

I am not actually upgrading from that but i was just wondering wether 1GB of Quickram is better than 1.5GB of slow ram.

Anyway ive just ordered my system and my graphics card arrived today because it came from a diferent website.

But hopefully by saturday i should have this system set up.

AKASA Zen Black Case with 2x 12CM Fans
Liteon Lightscribe Black DVD Drive
Core 2 Duo E6300 Processor
HIS Radeon IceQ3 X1950 Pro Graphics Card
1GB PC5300 667Mhz Ram
200GB 8mb Cache Western Digital Caviar Harddrive
Gigabyte GA 945GM-S2 Motherboard

Should be good ... Hopefully :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom