System Specs Inside: Do I need a bigger PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Power Supply: (The item in question)
Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply

Hard Drive:
SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD321KJ 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Intel Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

Motherboard:
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel

Graphics Card:
eVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Memory: (Have not decided what memory to buy yet, but probably this)
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
I also need a good Ram recomendation for my system combo. I basically want the best Ram I can get for under $300
Thanks

Is my 500W going to be enough, even if I OC my mobo, which I am planning on doing...

K, cool. I was actually looking at this G.Skill Ram. I think I may order this tonight instead of the XMS. But ****, I already ordered a Logitech Mouse/Keyboard combo with a X-Fi Soundcard...**** Im blowing my $$$ fast :D

(Someone here actually recommended this)

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ
NewEgg.com Link

well, i like the xms dude. a lot of peole will say its overpriced, but they don't tell you that it can run (at least mine) at over 500mhz stable, either.
that g skill is pretty good, tho. but i dont think it's xms good.
make sure it will boot the first time with the stock ddr2 voltage of that mobo. seems like i read also that the p5b has ddr2 voltage set to 1.8 stock and some g. skill needs 1.9 to post.

I have this ram and is great. Super fast and I've heard it overclocks like a beast. I am planning on trying that out as soon as I learn a bit more about overclocking. I strongly recommend this ram. Good luck!

i like the set aspire listed, definitely better than the "red set" lol.
lol, i like the set ferrarri listed, too. but that might be outta the ballpark money-wise, i dunno.
you guys heard of what i mentioned earlier about the gskill not posting because of low stock ddr2 voltage?

nagasama my mobo was putting my stock voltages around 1.8 or so, I don't remember exactly what, but it posted and ran fine. I didn't even the low voltages until about a week ago. My timings were set at 5-5-5-15 by the mobo so that's probably why it was posting with the low voltages. I don't know. Just make sure that you check all of the timings and voltages in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom