Full R600 Benchmarks and results...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
I wonder why no one has really mentioned it ( or maybe I missed it ), but a lot of benchmarks for the new ATI R600 card due out in march sometime are coming out- http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20070103072506.html

http://level505.com/2006/12/30/the-full-ati-r600-test/1/

although I don't know what other advantages the R600 has in terms of energy use and heat generation, I for one am dissapointed in the most important catagory, performance. It doesn't seem to really beat the geforce 8800 GTX by that much of a margin, not enough to even consider in my new system. When it comes out it will also be significantly more expensive since its the best gamer card in the market right? With various geforce 8 models coming out...I just don't see myself going back over to ATI...::rubs my poor ATI radeon x800 xl:: :(

talldude123 said:
Looks like NVidia just got PWNED.

How much is this concoction going to cost??

No you missed the point of my post...they didn't get pwned...ATI got pwned for not delivering a revolutionary card that surpasses the geforce 8 by a considerable amount.

Its not the finished version so the review doesn't show the actual speed. Once the drivers are tweaked along with other things, it should be better.

Yeah, I really hope those aren't even close to final. If so ATI better have a **** good sales pitch on this bad boy. It barely beat out the 8800. I'm actually surprised, You'd think with that much extra time to work on the card they'd have something that is a large margin above the Nvidia card.

ive seen numerous sights post random benchmarks like these, saying they are "real", well real or not, they are all around the same thing. The 8800GTX isnt really beat out by much on any benchmark or game, its really just a fraction of a difference. So, hopefully ATI will step it up and the final result will be "revolutionary" but i really am sticking with nvidia for the win....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom