Vista 32 or 64bit For My Machine? Which for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sry to just jump in, but i'm lookin into gettin Vista Ultimate OEM off newegg ($200) but i have a DFI Lanparty UT NF4F Ultra-d and i cant find any Vista 64-bit drivers. Will XP 64-Bit drivers work or will i have to wait or get the 32-bit version. It also looks like theres no NF4 drivers for Vista (On the DFI Site and Nvidia site).

I don't mind, I hope as people get experience with vista they keep replying. I now understand that the 64bit version comes on every cd. I'm just not sure how you actually install that one over the 32bit. If anyone knows, please respond. Do you have to call MS and get an activation code?

Well, There will be alot of new software released this year I'm shure with 64 bit support.

If you are getting it strictly for gaming, just stick to XP until there are DX10 games out in which you need Vista. DX9 loses performance under Vista.

Has anyone installed the 64bit version? I understand it is on every cd so is there an option during install to pick the 64bit version??

You have to get the 64 bit OEM version to get 64-bit.

Since my last post, I read an article from toms hardware, that compared video games on XP and Vista. And in Vista, every game took a performance hit. I beleive it was F.E.A.R or something, that took a 8.9% decrease in performance.

If I were you, stick with XP until their are a good amount of DX10 games out, because at the moment, unless you're building a computer and need to buy an OS anyway, theirs no reason to upgrade to Vista at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom