Laptop Problems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerard

Baseband Member
hey

i have a gateway laptop and i baby brother drop it on the floor and there isn't any damage done to it except for the LCD screen. when i turned it on it was just all grey! i have sent it out of town to see if they could fix it but they told me it would cost like $2000 to be fixed and i told then i only paid $800 for the laptop all together. also, when i turn the computer on the fan cuts off. i have no idea why this happens. i think the problem with the lcd screen is that some wires maybe grounding out on some other wires because i saw a few of the wires that goes to the screen showing, so maybe it was touching some others to make the screen go grey! have any one ever experienced this before or does any one know what to do to fix these problems? any help would be great!

thanks

Or do what my buddy does, he just hooks a projector up to it, he doesnt even have an LCD screen on the dang thing anymore.

so the wires thats showing on the back isn't the probelm with the lcd monitor?some wires are touching others because the plastic is gone off some of the wires on the back!

it was a new laptop....it was bought in june 2006....and was only used til november!

I doute it would be the wires on the back of the monitor causing the screen to short out. Are the wires completely bare?? is there any coating on them at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom