protecting files from being copied...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripvanmarlowe

Beta member
Hi everyone, hopefully i'm posting in the right forum. My problem is something that has come up at work. we're a post production house and part of the service is allowing clients use of our sound library for their programs/films/dvds etc. We've just burned the library to a network so that clients can choose to use clips in their projects without having to sift through a bunch of CD's to find the effect they want. However they will be auditioning the clips on laptops and we don't want them to just copy them off the laptop (with a pen drive or whatever) and take them home because they are ours and cost us money. My question is does anyone know of a way we can let them listen to the clips but not be able to copy them or move them or access them in any other way except to listen to them? I don't know much aout file protection but if there is something i can do through windows to disable their aility to copy the files and move them off the computer then that would be perfect. Thanks in advance, any help would be really appreciated.

share the folder exactly like this. if you don't check the second option, then they can't copy it

Shareprop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom