Video card overclock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlugComputers

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

I was recently doing some video card overclocking with my Geforce 7800GT. I had it going pretty well, but I started messing with the PCI Express frequency in my BIOS, raising it above 100Mhz to try to get some more out of the card. After a few changes when I saved the bios settings my computer just shut off. I tried clearing the CMOS, cause I figured that it was just too much for the card to handle, but that didnt seem to work. When I turn my computer on, the Fans, hard drives, cd drives, graphics card fan, everything will turn on. But I get no beep and no picture on my monitor. The monitor is on but nothing will come up on the screen. I dont think I hurt the card when I was messing around in the bios, because I tried it in another system and it works fine. Whats going on? Something wrong with the PCI Express slot now?

Heres my system in case you need it:

Asus A8N-SLI Premium Mobo
AMD x2 3800+
XFX Geforce 7800GT
1 Gig Corsair XMS
250GB Western Dig

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am pretty sure I did it right...it says in my mobo instruction book to clear CMOS to:

1. turn off computer and remove battery.
2. move jumper from 1-2 spot to 2-3 spot for 10 seconds
3. move jumper back to 1-2 spot
4. insert battery back into mobo
5. turn on computer

Thats the steps i followed, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Anybody help? Any suggestions?

I tried a difference video card in this motherboard and it didn't work either. And I know it works from another computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom