Help with Dvd writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonisCy

Beta member
Whatsup People

I just got my self a new Dvd writer and i would like to ask if anyone can give me the step to step procedure for installing it on my pc.. Its the first time im installing a drive on my pc so i am begging for a detailed step to step list of what to do... I have Windows XP professional... I have already got a Dvd rom for my man drive and an external cd writer (via USB)

Thanks in advance

It is according what kinda case you have. Different cases have different ways to remove and replace cdroms. Tell us either what case you have. Or what kinda computer you have if you bought it retail.

i have 1 dvd rom and i just want to add this one too... my pc is not quite new... its 4-5 months old.. pentium 4 ,2.4 ghz

whats the difference of "master" and "slave" ? my dvd rom is on "master" what should i do with the dvd writer? put it on slave? whats the difference?

If the DVD Player is truley on master and youre using the same IDE cable as the DVD Player then set the writer to slave.

- Plug the power in
- Plug the IDE cable in
- Optionally plug in the audio cable

Make sure you have the IDE cable the right way.
Look for a diagram maybe on the DVD Writer box/manual?
Or use the groove as a reference,
Or if numbered, pin 1 goes closer to the power cable.

They say use an antistatic-band to be safe not to damage your components but if youre pro, youll learn what not to touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom