Noobies Please Read (DX10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^lol^^
i agree with some of that.
i like to save money, tho.
and i agree that if you wait and wait and wait, you lose out.
but i also suggest that it is a good idea, at least with a new generation, to wait at least until the competition answers.
because this is going to happen:
the price will go down, at least on the card with lesser performance.
and possibly, the ati card will outperform it and may even cost a little less.
never any problem waiting a month or two, just to see who comes out on top...unless you are totally impatient...which i've always found to be a foolish trait anyway.
but if you have to have a dx 10 card RIGHT NOW lol, then by all means, buy one.

I just bought all the parts to my computer and had a 1500 dollar budget. Sure I wanted to get a GTS but to me other things were more important. like i HAD to upgrade my monitor..17" crt...I mean come on..

I had a AMD motherboard and AMD ship...DDR memory insread of DDR2 so I had to completly upgrade taking up all my money. The video card I got was a 7950GT for 260. Yeah thats a little much but it will play everything I want to play for a good while. I could have got a 7600GT for 139 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate cutting it down to 89.99 but I just couldnt do it.

about a year ago I wanted to upgrade my computer. I wanted a AMD 3700...omg that chip was the **** 150 dollars. I waited 6 months and wanted to build my computer again. Dual core was out. I wanted a AMD 4800+ (around $495). Let me tell you I am so happy that I waited as long as I did b/c I would have been ****ed if I spend all that money on the AMD chip when intel came out with a lower class chip (E6600) Thats beats the **** out of it.

In the end the lesson I think is wait to upgrade till you absolutly need to. My friends upgraded from a AMD 3700+ to a AMD X2 4600+ and I waited...it was hard but I did..Stuck with my 3200+ and a fx5200...now that im just waiting for my computer to get hear they are the ones crying now.

lol dude if you had bought a 4600 for 500 bucks and then c2d's come out...
head, wall... smash. repeat.
although the 4600's are fantastic, don't get me wrong.
and let me just state that i bought my 4200 and c2d's were out, and i have NO regrets. lol but i didnt pay 500 bucks for it.

Man I totally agree with u Nagasama (woot did i get it?) anyway... ya waitin on new gen stuff is fine... for a month or so... but this is a diff topic lol... X1950xtx vs 8800gts which wuld u want?

thats wat the poster was tryin to get across... why buy the DX9 card, which dont get me rong... its bad*** but u could get a DX10 card that is = to or greater in performance and have DX10 support.... No Brainer to me

the dude who posted never said one thing about 8800 vs 1950xtx. so that is off topic and putting words into his mouth to try and cover up him being a "dummy"(i normally wouldnt call people that but he just called everyone that disagrees with him one so now i can). he just said DX9 vs 8800.

i bought a 1950 XT for 200 bucks, i get 300 fps in fear at 1280x1024 with everything max. is there is no point in getting an 8800 when cards that are 1/2 and even 1/3 the price give the same performance "look", so what if the 8800 wins in benchmarks.

and anyone who has to make a topic to preach that they know what they are talking about....doesnt.

these kind of topics are for tech wannabes who can only suggest the "latest and greatest" because they wouldnt survive a real tech job and they have to feel important so people will listen to them.

you guys push products like you get commission from companys for it. so times people dont need the best or the latest and greatest and other things will do. so stop making people feel like they are broke because they dont buy a 500 dollar.

BuddyRo said:
thats wat the poster was tryin to get across... why buy the DX9 card, which dont get me rong... its bad*** but u could get a DX10 card that is = to or greater in performance and have DX10 support.... No Brainer to me

It's like I'm talking to the walls here. People, leave DirectX out of this! DirectX support is irrelevant.

In a X1950XTX vs. 8800GTS scenario, I'd do the logical thing: get the card with the better price/performance ratio. There's a $40 difference between the two, but the 8800GTS is clearly more powerful. Is it worth $40 more? Maybe it is, maybe it's not, that's for everyone to make their own opinion. But my point here is that DirectX support is irrelevant.

To King: Brother I PROMISE u that i dont "PUSH" any decision on any 1... just take the Logical approach... and for XTXvGTS.. he said High $$$$ Cards... so u take it wich way u want... and i dont have top of the line crap.. **** im runnin the ole P4 3ghz... BUT I CAN play any game out rite now on max setts everything at 1280x768... so to each his on i was just sayin that to get a High dollar DX9 card would be kinda a bad move being vista and DX10 is here...

To Methian: Direct X 10 will not just go away if u dont think about it... sure u will be able to play dx 10 games on a 7 series card and an ati card... ATI X1950XTX $386..... 8800GTS=$399 369 wit 30 dollar MIR... X1950xtx=512mb DX9... 8800GTS=640mb dx10...

But it doesnt matter to me so... do what u fellas want lol...

i just going by it LOGICALLY

Logically? Whatever logic was behind your reasoning is completely masked by the bluntness of your rethorical skills. Perhaps I'm not being clear enough. I'm not saying DX10 should be ignored altogether. Please try to follow my own logic carefully. I'm making my best effort to lay the arguments as simple as possible.

What I'm saying is that, at the present time, DX10 is irrelevant when it comes to chosing a video card. Why is it irrelevant? Because DX10 was introduced yesterday with Windows Vista, so it's still far from becoming a mainstream technology. It will in the near future, maybe in a year's time, but it isn't right now.

So please stop categorizing video cards as "DX9 card" and "DX10 card". Such distinction is misleading for those that aren't acquainted with techonology today.

The comparison you make, based on price, is entirely valid and I've already stated many times that I agree with it. Above $350, the 8800GTS offers the best price/performance ratio.

The G80 GPU suffered major architectural changes, which together with the large amount of graphics memory that go with it, are the reason the 8800 performs so well. And I'll say it again: the G80 performance has nothing to do with DirectX 10.

no... i know i kinda messed up here, sorry

I didnt mean to start a war, but i just overreacted.

Let me explain what i meant.....
Ok, you have dx10 cards, you have dx9 cards...
Both of them are great, but why buy soo much money on a dx9 card now when dx10 is already out and selling. Wait for the prices to drop.

Its like this... when pci express was introduced to replace the agp interface on graphics cards it was pretty clear that buying another agp card around that time would just put you in a greater hole.. why not wait till things got cheaper and save from having to buy pci-x to keep up?

I know this offended alot of people and im very sorry for posting such a horrible post.

Please understand my day has been rather.. stressfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom