VISTA screenshots....just got it today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista runs on 512MB but disables the AERO interface, once you have a gig it then enables :)

EDIT: although on a side note you have norton installed, a lot of AOL apps and a few startup processes in the bottom right :p even i don't have that many and iv run vista since early jan.

I think the look of Vista is pretty decent but I'll just download a Vista-ish skin for XP in the near future and I'll get the same transparent menus and windows... I quite like that wallpaper too by the way. :)

The whole ALT+TAB thing seems to be one of the biggest marketing points for Microsoft while it's pretty ordinary and looks rather tacky in my opinion. I think Microsoft have clearly drawn inspiration from Apple with their meters and gauges, style and their ways of navigating.

From what I've understood, Office Vista is supposedly much easier to use now, but it's probably a matter of getting used to for the experienced Office XP users...

If only the RAM fairy decided to leave me something nice under my pillow one of these nights. 1GB of RAM required for a skin, that's insane considering systems were RUNNING on 128MB with XP.

It being buggy isn't so much the problem as just running vista is basically crippling your computer as of now. There's nothing compatible with it right now basically. I don't know why Ms wouldn't have spent more time trying to make things more backward compatible or at least put out patches for it, Which I'm sure will be plentiful in the weeks to come. I think the main thing that's gonna make vista sell to serious users is when that service pack drops and you can get more out of using it. They definitely stole a ton of visual styling from Mac. Which I don't mind because I love the look of mac. As long as it retains that Ms touch and things remain easy to access and they don't start having weird names for everything and it takes an hour to find your control panel.

Almost forgot, There's like 3 or 4 Vista releases, The cheapest of which is about $120.00 USD.

I already had screenshots of Vista when they had the BETA's out, only problem is that BETA uses more memory than the final release version.

I have Vista Ultimate and as far as I know all the stuff I normally install for Windows Xp Pro works on Vista. My comp starts vista up in 30 seconds and is uber fast when in. Games even play better. Only two games I dont even play but wanted to install them to see if theres anything dont work. Ragnarok and Silk Road are the names.

Pepsiboy700 said:
I have Vista Ultimate and as far as I know all the stuff I normally install for Windows Xp Pro works on Vista. My comp starts vista up in 30 seconds and is uber fast when in. Games even play better. Only two games I dont even play but wanted to install them to see if theres anything dont work. Ragnarok and Silk Road are the names.

ah you play silk road?? i remember my days of SR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom