Free Weather Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengHe

In Runtime
I got a free weather program, Weatherbug, which works fine, but I hate the advertisements and spyware. The warnings area a good feature though and it updates extremely frequently. Still, its probably spyware and I hate spyware, but ever since the collapse of Techtv (May 28 2004) I haven't really gotten around to finding a really good new one. Does anyone know of one that they use and can definately suggest. I appreciate the imput. Whatever you view as the bester none spyware weather program, please post. Thanks.:D

actually, i've been using Weatherbug for a whiiile, and despite the ads that popup only if you open an alert there's virtually no spyware and if you don't believe me do a scan with AdAware and Spybot SD and youo'll see. i'll recommend it over other ones that i've tried.

Umh, how did this program go from free weather to spyware programs. I'll I asked is if anyone knew of any really good weather programs, without ads.

yea unfortunately some people don't read the posts and rush on to play it smart.

by the way, that Winbar that was suggested is really nice and useful but if you want real good weather functionality you'll stick with Weatherbug. sure you can customize the info in Winbar but only so much. with Weatherbug you get alerts, radar images and forecasts. that's if you're reallly into weather stats like me.

however, winbar now became part of my desktop!!! thanx man.

ahh i thought he was asking about a good spyware tool to suggest...i know nothing about weather tools

my mistake

I also was interested in a weather pgm, but didn't want the built-in spyware. I think that's just what you get when you go for free software, much of the time.

Hedda Lora

Thats ok ckyskate0 no problem. Yeah as much as I hate the spyware or whatnot, advertisements I guess is a better word, that are on Weatherbug I really need that kind of functionality. I need to know the weather now, so I guess I'll stick with Weatherbug unless anyone has any other suggestions of a free weather program which knowone has ever heard of (not required) that has the funcionality of Weatherbug without the ads and spyware. I guess there is one good thing about Weatherbug though. At least they let you pick your advertisements. Thats better then nothing, but still annoying though.:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom