Vista 32 v 64 bit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
I am going to be upgrading to vista purely for gaming. I'll keep xp on the comp I do work on. My question is, what is the difference between 32 and 64 bit in terms of gaming? I know I will probably go with home premium because that has the features I want, but I don't know whether to get 64 or 32 bit. Thank you for the advice.

yeah but for how long. I think anyone who's got a 64bit processor and gets vista 32bit must be mad.

baronvongogo said:
64 bit wont even be fully used for 2 years or more maybe not even until the next OS is out.

What with all the 64bit processors out today. Sorry i can't see that.

there's a difference between hardware supporting 64 bit and corporate company's actually making drivers and software to use it. It costs money and how many average users would have 64 bit? very few so for now the majority of users have 32 bit so company's are slow to take up 64 bit.

I bet you could ask in any computer shop in your area what the percentage of computers that they have sold in the last 12 months were either 32bit or 64bitand I would bet you that the 64bit would be the most.

I agree they would, that still doesn't matter no driver support, no game support and software isn't written for it. As usual as hardware progresses at pace the software industry fails to keep up. It will be awhile off before 64 bit is taken up whether you like it or not :).

oh well its up to you but ive been using windows xp 64bit for the last 8 months with no problems and all my games play without a problem like Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 i'm sure i will be getting the 64bit one

Well if your one of the lucky few to have full driver support then so be it :) .Id use 64 bit if i had drivers for my wireless network but belkin are lazy and even replied to me saying they do not know when they will have 64 bit or vista drivers...lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom