X1950 Pro Overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Hi i was just wondering weather the newer manufactured X1950 Pro's from Sapphire still overheat, i was going to get a 7900gs but prices have lowered on the Sapphire X1950Pro to just 10p more than the 7900GS, but i have heard the Saphhire X1950Pro (without the Zalman Cooler (not the ultimate edition X1950pro) overheates a lot.

do the later manufactured one's still have the problem ? as the Zalman cooler one is still 25 pounds more.

Thanks

it still does overheat, atleast the ones from sapphire do.
you want a good x1950 pro then look at this-
http://www.club-3d.com/

but i really would suggest a good 7900gs, it will serve you alot better then any ATI card will, and it wont overheat....just my two cents!

Hmm yes ok but Nvidia just cant match the power of ATI cards for the same price the 1950Pro is the same price but still up to 20fps more.

I ordered the Sapphire x1950PRO the day it came out. Ever since I built on Dec. 25th, I've been great. I used to crash, but it's because I had bad drivers. I used Windows to delete everything ATI related including drivers, and started all over again and downloaded everything from sapphiretech.

Concerned about heat? I run rivatuner to crank my gpu fan speed to 100% when I game. But in my opinion, that should be done no matter what card you have. My card is just chillin' right now at 43C.

Meh ok then. Anyway i found the HIS X1950 Pro IceQ3 Cooler edition for 10 pounds less than the Sapphire and ive ordered it now.

Just 6 days till my pc comes ! Finally.

Good. For maximum safety, I'd recommend not even touching the Catalyst disc that will come with the vid card. Just go to Sapphire's website (sapphiretech.com i think) and find their Catalyst+drivers there. Those are flawless for me. Have fun, you're going to love your card. I know I love mine :D

You can get the ATI catalyst control center and drivers here
http://ati.de/support/driver.html

click on the OS you have
click on Radeon
click on X1950pro
click on the Go button

you only need to download "option 1" (if you want the CCC)

Good Luck! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom