win xp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissansilvia

Solid State Member
everytime i try to access something through the run command or like a windows screen for example msconfig .... it appears for a sec and then dissappears idk wat the problem is. can someone help?

Try system restore if still nogo safe mode would be another thing you can try. You can also hit control alt and delete and end all the tasks for the items you dont need. Than try and open it with out those running.

thx i will try safe mode. i tried doing ctrl+alt+del and the window comes up for a sec and disappears just like msconfig window and others

Ive seen that before.
It was a virus causing these types of windows to close.
(Cant remember the name of the virus.)

Do a full virus scan PREFERABLY FROM WITHIN DOS

does anyone know where i can get a free virus scanner such as nortons or any kind. trend micro scanned and found 2 trojans but says it cannot be cleaned

I have never used but I hear AVG is free http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php I dont know if it cleans viruses or not. It is also not good to install an antivirus if you have a virus already on the computer. I would say your best bet would be doing a search on google for the names of the viruses and look for the manual removal instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom