Best Graphics Card for under $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
I ordered this Mobo......

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Im not planning on running an SLI setup however.

This is the card Im using
eVGA 256-P2-N636-AR GeForce 7950GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

Problem is, I already ordered my Mobo. Did I just waste an assload of money because of the SLI?

-Joe

you can use an sli motherboard without actually running sli. and you card is fine. i dont think you can get any better for less than $300

you could shoot for the 8800 but they are $400 at the lowest.

You think I can run today's games (Battlefield 2142, Half-Life 2, etc) with Full Graphics, AA 4x and get over 100 fps with that combo? I also ordered a 6300 Intel Core Duo chip, with a 320 GB HD

King$nake said:
You think I can run today's games (Battlefield 2142, Half-Life 2, etc) with Full Graphics, AA 4x and get over 100 fps with that combo? I also ordered a 6300 Intel Core Duo chip, with a 320 GB HD

With that combo, you can play all those games at maxed out settings.

I think you wasted money, unless you're going to update the processor to a more powerful one. The 680i is supposedly best for C2Ds, but I think it's more towards the higher end C2Ds, like the e6600 or higher. Should of gotten a 965P chipset for the e6300. Maybe you can exchange it, for the Gigabyte 965P-DS3...save yourself about $100.

Gigabyte DS3 SLI compatible w/ hacked drivers??

*edit- nvm, thought he wanted sli*

Ok, I cancelled my Order. Im looking at the DS3. Can someone fill me into why so many people are recommending this board? Its over $100 cheaper than the mobo I just cancelled the order on. Did it cost that extra $100 just because of the SLI?

Alot of people recommend this board, because of it's overclocking capabilities. It's cheaper than the 680i, but does just as well in overclocking. The extra $100 comes from the SLI slot and more features, such as being quad-core ready, more USB ports, and dual LAN ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom