Just ordered two more PC parts (This PC is going to scream!) Complete Parts List....

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Sup guys,

I already have the Case and the Hard Drive, and I just ordered the Mobo and the 6300 Chip. However Im not sure on what Video Card to buy with DX10 coming out, and Im not sure on which memory. Can somebody help me with the Video Card issue? The Card I have listed, will it be ok with DX10 and Vista?

Ok, here is the Parts List:
(Updated January 31, 2007 @ 2:00 PM PST)

Case: (Already recieved in Mail)
Enermax ECA3092 ATX Mid-Tower Case
NewEgg.com Link

Hard Drive: (Already recieved in Mail)
SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD321KJ 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
NewEgg.com Link

Intel Processor: (Just ordered yesterday)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
NewEgg.com Link

Motherboard: (Just ordered yesterday)
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
NewEgg.com Link

Graphics Card: (WIll order next week, but I may get a 8800GTS instead)
eVGA 256-P2-N636-AR GeForce 7950GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card
NewEgg.com Link

Power Supply: (Will order next week)
Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply
NewEgg.com Link

Memory: (Have not decided what memory to buy yet, but probably this)
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
NewEgg.com Link

Thanks for the help!
Joe

sli is just using two nvidia card together, and its not worth the price
fo ati cards it is called crossfire

SLI is Nvidia's multi-GPU situation. SLI is the ability to run two seperate graphics cards at once. They must be the same name, same brand. If you run two cards, it can give you quite a big performance boost obviously.

SLI motherboards like the 680i you selected simply have two PCI-E slots, where video cards go, instead of just one PCI-E slot like mine for an example. I see nothing wrong with the 680i if you're even thinking about SLI down the road.

dammit....
Im not going to buy 2 video cards. I read the reviews of the mobo I bought and percieved it as a very good mobo. I did not think it was set up for 2 video cards. Will it still be a good combo with the Graphics card I have listed above? Even if I just use one of them?

Sure. Yeah, you might not get another card right now. You just might want one later on though. I kinda regret not getting a crossfire motherboard myself, because I might get two gpus one day.

That's still a good motherboard though. People here have had good stories about it.

The 680i is a good mobo, it's just overpriced unless you're going to be using SLI. According to a lot of people, SLI's not worth it since the performance gain isn't that great. Still a great board though.

boing.
i say that mobo is quite a leap for you if you do no know what you are doing (i'm not ridiculing you, i am advising)....it will have many features and extras that you will not be able to benefit from, yet still pay for.
i don't know intel, but i know the ds3 or p5b are very much good enough mobos for a first-time builder. also, f2b is right, use the extra money to buy a hot rod video card. or save it, whatever.
i guess some people here have good stories about the 680i, but most of what i read other places are not good stories...blink blink...newest technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom