My new build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgent Reply Needed

Well, my birthday is tomorrow (1-31), and i already got money from my gparents, and am still getting some from my dad. so so far, i have $200. Im thinking about getting 1GB of corsair value ram, a SB fan, a 160GB WD SE8 sata3.0gb/s, and a fan/light controller that comes with some blue cathodes. Here are some links:

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit

cooler master SB fan

LG Black 18X DVD-RW

Fan controller that includes cathodes

90mm blue led case fan

rounded ide cable

total after shippin is 213, so all that leaves to be upgraded is the cpu, cpu fan, video card, and finally, a new case.

that stuff up there good? im gettin the hdd, dvd, and ram no matter what, everything else is just stuff i seen and liked, plus my neon in my case has a switch that rests by the mobo on the inside, so to turn it off, i have to reach inside and flip the switch, and my 90mm fans up front and at the back i cant change their speed and they run full out, loud, but cool, so im getting the controller, and the fan because both the fans got their wires modded to work on my last avail fan connector on the mobo.

still going to cut and make the wires longer on the fans (nb and case), and figure out where the hdd is going to go because the fan controller will push the hdd back about an inch or so, but w/e. i figure it out when everything gets here, going to order tonight if my dad takes my money, or tomorrow if he *****es about not having enough money in the bank. (still, i got to give him the money, its a check)

^_^ , i guess, i dont ride that often anyways, usually when i do, i only ride for about 2 tanks, then take a 30min break, then back out for another tank then i dont usually ride for a week or so, then i go again...weather usually stops me, windy = me no likey, cold = same, so i only ride when its nice out, like those days when you wake up and go out side, first thing you say is, ahh, today is the day for ridin

yea, i might (o **** i never told u guys) i took out my hdd cage and put a fan there, so i gotta keep my drives up top in the 5.25, ill have to be creative with the hdd and how i hide it, might end up hanging it upside down on the bottom of the 5.25 cage. well w/e i do it will look better because im gettin rid of a ribbion cable, and putting in a sata cable.

bmxfreakrider said:
^_^ , i guess, i dont ride that often anyways, usually when i do, i only ride for about 2 tanks, then take a 30min break, then back out for another tank then i dont usually ride for a week or so, then i go again...weather usually stops me, windy = me no likey, cold = same, so i only ride when its nice out, like those days when you wake up and go out side, first thing you say is, ahh, today is the day for ridin

yea, i might (o **** i never told u guys) i took out my hdd cage and put a fan there, so i gotta keep my drives up top in the 5.25, ill have to be creative with the hdd and how i hide it, might end up hanging it upside down on the bottom of the 5.25 cage. well w/e i do it will look better because im gettin rid of a ribbion cable, and putting in a sata cable.
So what kind of bike you ride then?

So what kind of bike you ride then? You ride for only 2 tanks umm thats alot i just raced a 2hr torcs race and it was a 10 mile loop and i filled up once doing it on a yzf so you must be hardcore or your bsing me lol.

1999 Suzuki RM250, i trail ride, nothing hardcore, i live by barstow(oak hills), so i just go and hit the trails and ride whoops and whatnot, sometimes sand, thats always fun, like dumont dunes and places like that. and i head way out there, ridden to hesperia lakes a few times, i like the dam there, almost always people there on the weekends in the summer.

bmxfreakrider said:
1999 Suzuki RM250, i trail ride, nothing hardcore, i live by barstow(oak hills), so i just go and hit the trails and ride whoops and whatnot, sometimes sand, thats always fun, like dumont dunes and places like that. and i head way out there, ridden to hesperia lakes a few times, i like the dam there, almost always people there on the weekends in the summer.
Thats cool

well, im ditchin something on the parts list or asking for money, im getting a new gpu, just something to pull me along, like i did with the ram. im considering getting another 7300GS, had one before, does pretty good, and its made by biostar, my mobo manufactuer.

but its a real tossup. get a hdd thats faster and bigger than my old one, or a video card to replace my broken one? what u guys think? it would be nice to play some BF2 or COD2 or HL2 or something, but then again, i do alot of video editing, so a faster and bigger hdd would be awsome. suggestions? ordering tomorrow, ill post the final list tomorrow afternoon

Its 160 GB runs at 7200 RPM with up to 100 MB/s transfer rates. It offers average latency of 4.2 ms, an average seek time of only 8.9ms, and an average write time of 10.9ms, resulting in both greater efficiency and safer data transfer.

Its 80 GB runs at 7200 RPM with up to 100 MB/s transfer rates. It offers average latency of 4.2 ms with an average seek time of only 8.9ms, and an average write time of 10.9ms, resulting in both greater efficiency and safer data transfer.

currently i got the 80gb, the 80 is ATA133, so will the 160Gb (3.0gb/s) outperform the 80?

EDIT: dont know wtf i was thinking, of course the sata will outperform the ide. which should i get tho? hdd or video? most likely these will be the last upgrades for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom