Ordering Processor: 6300 or 6400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fade2black2004 said:
save your money and stick with the e6300

I agree. The difference between the two is neglectable.

Also, for overclocking I'd prefer an E6400. Why? Simple: higher multiplier.

I think the e6400 is just a faster version of the e6300, but I could be wrong. Either way I doubt you'd notice a big performance difference so you might as well save some money and get the e6300.

Yep, Jrod, the E6400 is just a slightly faster E6300. The only difference between the two processors is the CPU clock multiplier; it's 7x for the E6300 (producing 1.86Ghz) and 8x for the E6400 (producing 2.13Ghz). Everything else on the chips is exactly the same.

So were paying 60 dollars more roughly for 1x more multiplyer ?

Owch.

Sorry and im not trying to change the post subject here :p just a quick question for Meithan.....

Meithan im hopeing your a gamepleyer here. How well does your PC run games liek BF2142 and ES: Oblivion or whatever ? as my pc will be same processor and ram just a X1950Pro instead so i can just add on a few frames per second to get an idea.

Itd be a great help if you could give me an insight.

Thanks

K M A N said:
So were paying 60 dollars more roughly for 1x more multiplyer ?

Yes, exactly. In my personal opinion, the E6400 and E6700 aren't worth the extra money (at least not performance-wise). I'd only get them if my goal was to seriously overclock.

Sorry and im not trying to change the post subject here :p just a quick question for Meithan.....

Meithan im hopeing your a gamepleyer here. How well does your PC run games liek BF2142 and ES: Oblivion or whatever ? as my pc will be same processor and ram just a X1950Pro instead so i can just add on a few frames per second to get an idea.

I'm a gamer, even though I don't play as much as I used to. The games I have right now are: Battlefield 2, FEAR, Neverwinter Nights 2, Doom 3 and Heroes of Might and Magic V. I also have Half-Life 2 and other older games somewhere around, though not installed at the moment.

So what are my general framerate and quality settings?

I played through FEAR with every in-game setting on MAX at 1024x768. I get around 50fps on average. I tried 1280x768 on MAX and it's still playable (around 30fps), but it lags occasionally.

I run Battlefield on 1280x960 with everything on "High" and 4x antialiasing. I haven't checked the frame rate, but it's 100% playable (I've played BF2 for like 20 total hours.. I'm almost at Sargeant rank and have all basic badges and a few medals).

Neverwinter Nights 2 is certainly the heaviest game I have, because I can't run it well with everything on max at 1024x768. I leave some options off, like dynamic shadows and high quality lighting, but the rest is on high.

So I hope this gives you a general idea of how my 7600GT performs. Keep in mind that my system's weak point is the graphics card. With an X1950Pro, you'll get much better frame rates than me.

Thanks for that Meithan... that gives me a great insight.

That sounds like i'll be playing most games at maximum settings especially after i upgrade with another 1gb of ram.

The thing i will be playing most is Call of Duty 2 and on my current system which by the way wont power on after its been fine for two years wouldnt even play it in Dx9 very well. So i hope to be playing that well.

Aslong as i can play Crysis and UT2007 at atleast Minimum settings then i'll be fine.
:p

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom