Windows Vista Digital Rights Management (listen And Read Before Getting Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you came back, General, and congrats on your 5000th post!! I think that's why you're one of the few members allowed to quadruple post to increase their post count, lol. I actually just hit 500 myself (talldude had to courtesy to remind me).

About Vista.. well... I think I'll play it safe and wait a few months until other poor souls get it and test it thoroughly - guinea pigs, if you will :).

Need to eat... burger or lobster? it's an intersting discussion...

DRM is bad from a consumer standpoint no matter how you look at it. The only thing that it does is garuntee the music labels more money.

DRM is not about protecting atrists. It's about protecting big money so they can keep making more.

Ha, I'll run Vista as soon as I get it in the mail on my second machine. I don't want it, if it wasn't for DX10, I wouldn't get it.

Thanks guinea pig -ahem- TheOtis, your effort and (specially) sacrifice is appreciated :). Do tell us how it goes, will ya?

Vista crashes with Limewire running. and for some reason when i try to play Halo it says my product key is invalid (and no i didnt pirate Halo its legal) As for audio and video. i havent had trouble. i have uprotected mp3s and avi's played in vista and its fine. if there is any downgrade in qualiy i cant see it.

but i wouldnt put it past them to tighten things down.

i have vista on a dual boot and most of your expectations are right if it wastn for DX10 that piece of... u know what wouldnt have a place on its small 40GB partition.

as to the pirating - may aswell shoot themselves in the foot
*back to vista*
on my setup:

1GB of OC'd 400Mhz RAM (oc'd to 430)
ATI RADEON X1950PRO
2 HDD 1x30GB, 1x250GB
AMD 64 VENICE 3800+ @ 2.4Ghz

with that setup it was slow as Fu*k even with sidebar off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom