Possible Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsYcHo_ShiZniT

Solid State Member
Hey there! Right now I am saving money and plan to actually get a job like within the next week and want to finally build a gaming rig and just turn my old Dell e510 into a dedicated server/family computer. Now my plans are not set in stone, but I want your opinion on what I would get.

It totals up to $3,801.54 with tax and s&h included. Obviously, by the time I have that much money, the price would have gone down on it, and I might change my mind on some things. Let my know your thoughts on the components chosen and what I need or don't need on the list.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/...4-2B98-4D53-9E67-6BE5381F1E9B&SRCCODE=WEBWISH

Also what are your thoughts on a Zalman liquid cooling system...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1645513&CatId=1057

No need for the aftermarket heatsinks, corsair DOMINATOR's are better I'm 99% sure.

You can probably tone it down a bit on the PSU.

Also, what's up with tigerdirect? www.newegg.com is better IMO.

And why the NIC.. you have onboard 1gb port on your motherboard.

I think I speak for the whole board when I say, that's one killer rig. Just a couple things I should point out-

1) You don't really need that hard drive cooler. If you were going to be running 3+ hard drives close together, then I'd say go for it.

2) You don't really have to go quad-core right now. The only time you'd really it shine is if you do heavy multitasking, a Q2D dual core would do you just fine.

3) If your budget's that large, have you looked at the raptor 150gigs? I'd recommend that for your OS and games, and maybe a 160, (They go around 80-120) for storage and whatnot.

4) You also don't really need that ethernet adaptor, all of the mobo's I'm aware of come w/ one built in.

Besides those 4 things, that rig looks killer dude.

EDIT: And that memory is freaking awesome.

Deathawk said:
No need for the aftermarket heatsinks, corsair DOMINATOR's are better I'm 99% sure.

You can probably tone it down a bit on the PSU.

Also, what's up with tigerdirect? www.newegg.com is better IMO.

And why the NIC.. you have onboard 1gb port on your motherboard.

Ok, thanks for help'n out!

Thanks for the tip, so the memory is good?

So would u suggest like a http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1273341&Sku=ULT31848

Yea, I know NewEgg is like really good, but I just used TigerDirect as a sample idea of what to get. No idea why. But depending on if NewEgg has the same or very very similar products will determine which I use. They are both pretty good.

TheOtis said:
I think I speak for the whole board when I say, that's one killer rig. Just a couple things I should point out-

1) You don't really need that hard drive cooler. If you were going to be running 3+ hard drives close together, then I'd say go for it.

2) You don't really have to go quad-core right now. The only time you'd really it shine is if you do heavy multitasking, a Q2D dual core would do you just fine.

3) If your budget's that large, have you looked at the raptor 150gigs? I'd recommend that for your OS and games, and maybe a 160, (They go around 80-120) for storage and whatnot.

4) You also don't really need that ethernet adaptor, all of the mobo's I'm aware of come w/ one built in.

Besides those 4 things, that rig looks killer dude.

EDIT: And that memory is freaking awesome.

Ok so sratch the HD cooler

Yeah but by the time I get the money, quad will be cheaper. I'm thinking to the future lol

Well, I really don't wanna go higher than what I have it aimed at... It's gonna take around 8 months at a part time job to aquire the mulah being I'm a junior in HS. But do you think that PC would be good?

Yeah I got confused on the ethernet.

Thanks guys!

EDIT: IF you are wondering, is he gonna get an OS? I'm gonna get Vista. my mom can get it for free because of her newly bought Gateway, So she said she didn't want it. lol
and I updated the list

Get the 550w Antec Trio on Newegg or something close just don't use tigerdirect, they have like no selection. Or you can get the 650w one, it has a 20 dollar MIR.

Deathawk said:
Get the 550w Antec Trio on Newegg or something close just don't use tigerdirect, they have like no selection. Or you can get the 650w one, it has a 20 dollar MIR.

Ok, well what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna try and find everything on NewEgg. I don't really wanna buy different components from different providers because then things slow down...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom