Vista 32 or 64bit For My Machine? Which for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista runs fine on my comp and its improved leaps and bounds since beta and RC1 in its resource department. If you expected to run it on 256MB then your a fool anyway everyone knew what to expect. 64 bit is pointless as nothing utilises it yet and no driver support. Directx 10 is out now but show me a game thats out which uses it.

End of topic :)

hrmm, i see 64 bit being the better use for later on in the future... there's not a single premade computer out now that isnt 64 bit.. i'm pretty **** sure programs are gonna switch over within the next couple years

Yeah I seen ATI just released their 7.1 Driver's for 64 bit if I recall.
A few games here soon will be out that will release patchs for DX10.

Then 64bit is future proof, but will the 32 bit drivers that nvidia puts out work if I have the 64bit version????

waytoosmall said:
Then 64bit is future proof, but will the 32 bit drivers that nvidia puts out work if I have the 64bit version????

I do not believe so my friend. I'm 97% positive you need 64-bit drivers.

So now I see that Nvidia is releasing 64bit drivers as well. So windows 64bit will play 32bit games as long as your video card drivers are for the 64bit version? And do you think Nvidia will update their 64bit driver for game optimization as often as they will update their 32bit version?

Hm, Well with them releasing both 32 & 64 bit Together, I would bet they will.

Just my opinion.

waytoosmall said:
So now I see that Nvidia is releasing 64bit drivers as well. So windows 64bit will play 32bit games as long as your video card drivers are for the 64bit version? And do you think Nvidia will update their 64bit driver for game optimization as often as they will update their 32bit version?

Yes, it will play 32bit games aslong as you have a 64-bit driver and you're running any version of windows in 64-bit with a proc that supports 64-bit.

With Windows Vista out now and alot of computers coming w/ it, It would be safe to assume they will release 64-bit driver updates just as often as 32-bit drivers. Especially since we're moving slowly to DX10 games. As far as what cards they have 64-bit drivers for, I don't know.

i would get the 64bit versoin it may have terrible driver support but when i dowloaded the trial x64 xp pro it ran hl2(which supports 64bit btw) at 10-20 fps faster(x64 is also more secure and future proof)

Well the driver support issue will get better over time. Your main reason for wanting to get a 64-bit version of Vista would be to "future" proof your computer. So when 64-bit apps are available, you'll be set. But I don't think that's going to happen soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom