Vista 32 or 64bit For My Machine? Which for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
I am going to be upgrading to vista purely for gaming. I'll keep xp on the comp I do work on. My question is, what is the difference between 32 and 64 bit in terms of gaming? I know I will probably go with home premium because that has the features I want, but I don't know whether to get 64 or 32 bit. Thank you for the advice.

And I asked this question in the windows section and only got a vague reply so that is why I put it here.

there arent really any games made for 64bit, so playing a 32bit game on a 64bit os would do nothing at all since it wouldnt be able to utilize the 64 bit architecture.

The 64 bit version allows the use of more RAM, it is also more secure because the kernel is locked out where in the 32-bit version I don't believe it is. Although 64-bit isn't worth going to for now, know driver support.

there really is no point, not much software designed for it, not many drivers for it. if your going to put 64 gigs of ram or 16 terabytes of page file then thats what 64bit is for. otherwise its useless.

there is no performance increase in vista, if anything its less, because its a system hog just to look pretty. there is nothing but flaws in it, even in the finally release. and thats a good reason to get 64bit reckliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom