Which is better? 1.6 GHZ Core 2 Duo/2GB ram OR 2GHz Core 2 Duo/1GB Ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi...

Which is better to get?? A 2.0 GHZ Core 2 Duo laptop with 1024 MB of RAM or a a 1.6 GHZ Core 2 Duo with 2048 MB of RAM?

Thankx

Thank you for your reply...

mmm...im not sure...frankly, i found 2 laptops with pretty much the same price...one is Toshiba, and the other is Dell...

i was about to get the Dell Inspion E1505, 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 80 GB HD, 1024 MB RAM (DVD Writer, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc....)

but then i found the Satellite A135-S4477, with 1.6 GHz, 2048 RAM, 180 GB HD....for about the same price.....

So was wondering...

Now I dont need the 180 GB hd for example, and even the 2 GB of ram, but i couldnt find a way to customize the laptop (as the Dell website offers)...maybe increase the proccessor speed and decrease some of the other specs...

here is the link for the toshiba laptop
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?seg=HHO&poid=360030&coid=-32796

Thanx again...

EDIT: Do you know of a way to customize the Toshiba laptop...or any website that i can find more pre-customized laptops (more than the ones offered on the toshiba website) so i can chose the closest one to my needs

bloody ****...thats a lot to pay for a laptop with intergrated graphics and only a 180gig hard drive.

You could get an alienware laptop for that..

on the dell website you pick a laptop then choose customise and continue through the options till you get to the screen to pick from a selection of parts.

nitestick said:
personally i would take the one with 1gb of memory and the faster processor. i can't see many logical reasons for needing 2gb of memory on a laptop. the more powerful processor on the other hand will be helpful.

took the words out of my mouth.

as usual im in the minority :) i hate laptops anyway, always failing, Battery readings never work, rubbish touch pads..*calms down*

well i offered my opinion 2 gigs if your using it for using multimedia apps or faster clocks for just general purpose word documents etc.

Although all the laptops he listed seem to come with vista and 2 gigs helps vista more than faster clocks would.

bloody ****...thats a lot to pay for a laptop with intergrated graphics and only a 180gig hard drive.

You could get an alienware laptop for that..

on the dell website you pick a laptop then choose customise and continue through the options till you get to the screen to pick from a selection of parts.

I did a customizable laptop on the Dell website...and thats where i got the Dell system described above.... (its with a 256 mb vga card btw)

The toshiba one, with an almost similar price, offered, instead of the 2.0 GHZ CPU, a 1.6 GHz but a 180 GB hard disk instead of the 80 GB one, and a 2048 MB RAM instead of the 1024 of Dell

So i thought if, for the same price, a greater CPU would be better than almost double the RAM and HD...

my 2 cents....

It seems like it would be a lot easier to upgrade the RAM (ie.. add more) or HD later than it would be to upgrade the CPU...

So I would go with the more powerful CPU and upgrade the RAM or HD later if I needed to.

I would also look around some more... mabye at something like this...

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/ntbkx56800.asp?v=d

...fairly similar in price, but with a dedicated graphics card... and without all the crappy software that I'm sure either the Dell or Toshiba comes with pre-installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom