Booting problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Joshly

Baseband Member
I just bought all the internals of a HP DX7300MT, these include:
Mobo: HP DX7300MT Mobo (Intel 965 Chipset)
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6300
RAM: DDR2 Elpida RAM (2 sticks of 512MB)
PSU: Ez Cool 500W ATX-500, 12v Rail=34a

Now, the hard drives I don't think are a part of this, neither the DVD-RW drive.

I put ALL of the parts into my case, and the screw holes didn't line up, so I pushed the mobo into the IO plate, and held it there while I screwed the screws in.
I put the CPU in, then there was the heatsink... Seeing as it's a HP motherboard, and not a HP case, I had to unscrew the motherboard and hold the heatsink and fan in, and then I found some nuts, so I screwed the nuts onto the mobo and it stayed, (The bottom of the mobo where I screwed the nuts in had a white area around it so it doesn't scratch the mobo).
I then put the mobo back in and screwed it in.
I then put all the drives in, and connected them.
Then I connected the PSU, and case switches.
And put all the ram in, and everything else.
I then flipped the switch on the back of the psu, and pressed the power switch on the case.
Nothing happened.
So I opened up the case again, and then turned it on.
I noticed that the PSU fan, CPU heatsink fan, and case fan were all spinning but for only about half a second, then they just turned off again.
The mobo LED light was on.
So I researched it, and found that people had this problem, but not with the HP mobo.
There was something that said to take everything out of the case and put it on a surface that wouldn't damage the mobo.
So I did that, and the EXACT same thing happened.
I reseated the RAM, CPU and everything else, then changed the PSU to a different one, but the same thing happened.

I really don't understand this.
Can someone help?

I think something strange just happened with the forums just then... Nothing would show up for me.. and the list of active topics has been cleared.

I've done some research, and I've come up with this:
http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11184-0.html?forumID=48&threadID=200804
He has the exact same problem as me, and he says it's his RAM voltages. Taken directly from the website above ^^. "Doing some more research I found several others that had the same symptoms, then bought a stick ov 1.8V Ram to get the system to boot then update the bios to get the system to work. I wouldnt think Ram would cause symptoms like that but Im gonna try it, bought some 1.8v Ram at Circuity City and will pick it up after work and post my finsings incase anyone else runs into this."

He then replied to that, and he found that it worked with the new RAM that he bought, and he changed it to 2.0V in the bois and then changed his RAM back to his 2.0V and it worked fine.
Now, this would be wonderful for me IF my RAM was actually 2.0V...

As you can see here:
http://www.elpida.com/pdfs/E0921E10.pdf
It shows the voltage is a disappointing 1.8V.
Any thoughts?
I was thinking maybe it's default set to 2.0V in the bios...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom