Not Using all my Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashmajic

Beta member
Hi,

I have a relative new computer IBM thinkcentre.

I have 2 gb of ram.

My computer struggles to use all of the ram. When i do Ctrl-alt delete.

When my paging file is over 1 gb (which isn't alot), i can't open any new applications or new IE windows, i can't even open emails.

When i try to save files, it can sometime cause errors in the files!

I don't know what to do and what i should look for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Adam

If you want the computer to use alot of RAM, you have to have alot running. You don't want to use all of your RAM though, it can be dangerous.

Just use Norton Antivirus, MSN, ITunes, since they are pretty hogging on memory :D

Not sure what to do, i have about 5 applications opened and i can not run anything else.

I have 2 gb of ram and there is no way it is using all of it. How can i open more applications.

I use to be to run more applications on my old computer with 768mb of ram.

Oh, so you're saying that you can't open alot on your new computer?

Increase Virtual memory size, do a spyware scan.

Yeah my computer can't handle much applications opened its a 2.8mhz pentium D with 2 gb of ram. I running dual screens. I have updated drivers for grahics card.

My paging file has been set to 2mb(min) - 3066mb(max)

Should i increase it to more.
When i do Ctrl - Alt Delete, i notice my computer has problems when its using more than 1000 mb of the paging file.

I have AVG and soybot search & destroy and have no viruses or spyware.

I am totally stumped. My old p3 with dual screens could opened 100 IE browsers and never crash. This one i can only open 5 and then tit want allow me to open add more. Just get errors like " application failed to initlize"

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom