Taxes in plans changed Budget now 1500! Need Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello over the past week I have been trying to upgrade my AMD 3200+ to a half way decient computer for about 500 dollars. Well I just found out that instead of paying out for taxes im accually getting 1,800 dollars back tomorrow, Plus another 600 from the State in 4-6 weeks. Now im happy to say that I will be canceling my plans on upgrading my AMD 3200 and Drop kicking it out the window down 2 stories. =P

Out of the 1800 I can spend $1,500USD.

I have put together a list that I have been spending about 5 hours putting together and not only do I need to know if everything is compatable but I also need to know if this system is the "best" I can do for the money.

ALL Suggestions and Comments are welcome

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - $316.00 - Ive seen so many people talk about this chip and how good it is. Im sure I'll be happy with this chip, I mean coming from a AMD 3200+...thats GOT to be a huge difference...

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 - $132.99 - From what I hear This board is CHEAP and one of the BEST boards for Core 2 Duo!

G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 800 - $184.99 - Looks like a cheap brand most of the other memory is around $230...so I hope this memory not only works with my motherboard but is good enough for my system. I cant really upgrade this as my budget is already over 1500 unless someone can help me out.

eVGA Geforce 7950GT 512MB - $260.99 - Cant afford a 8800GTS b/c I HAVE to get rid of this 17" CRT for the 22" Widescreen!

WD 250GB - $69.99 - a nice Hard Drive.

SAMSUNG DVD Burner - $29.99 - As long as this thing reads cd's I should be fine...im not really into burning all that much though.

FSP Group 450W - $53.99 - I dont know if this is strong enough for my system but my budget is already over 1500 = \.

Antec Nine Hundred - $134.99 - This caught my eye...looks so SICK and nice its just amazing but on the other hand its expensive and if you think I would be better off downgrading this to a different case for a say better memory or PSU or w/e you think.

CHIMEI 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD - $299.99 - I have been drooling over this thing for about 6 months...I have thought to drop down to a 20.1 inch but thats what my friend has (not Widescreen though) and I want to show off =P. This thing looks so nice makes me want to cry.

Arctic Silver 5 - $5.99 - idk if I need this but..

Total - $1,525.03 (After Shipping)

Thats what I came up with. Comment it, give me some Suggestions, Tips, anything!

My cousin and my friend both are currently using AMD X2 4600's and basically I want to build a nasty computer for 1500 that will completly own their computers. They use 7600GT's. One uses a 19" Widescreen and the other a 20.1".

So If you can save me a little money as im a little over 1500 or switch some things around to make my very NEAR future computer better overall please let me know. I dont know how to overclock so thats not a major issue ><.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post and I hope I organized this enough to make it easier on you guys to read and help me out.

yea, that build looks flawless....but if your worried about the 450 watt psu, then dont be. thats plenty of power. people are always worried if their psu is enough.....no one ever really adds up the voltages. they dont realize how much a 400-500 watt psu can handle. it will do fine. and its a great brand.

Make sure to post some pics after you finish. I love seeing completed builds.

Edit: That ram and PSU will do just fine. Great brands and good products.

thanks for all the feed back. I have already started the process and could only buy 500 dollars worth of stuff atm due to my credit limit so I still have to wait for me to recieve my taxes tomorrow and order the rest.

so far i ordered the Case, Monitor, DVD Burner, and Artic Silver 5 ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom