5v too high? 12v too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeringhalo

Beta member
I just completed my first build and have been having usb peripheral trouble. My mouse right button crapped out & my new card reader started corrupting CF cards and then stopped reading cards at all.
My voltage readings on my Kingwin Mach1 ABT-600MA1W are:

3v @ 3.33
5v @ 5.08
12v @ 11.84

Troubleshooting the USB headers, I know to look at the 5v as suspect, but thats as far as my knowledge on such things goes.
My question is whether or not these readings are acceptable or if I'm going to have to RMA

Thanks

bmxfreakrider said:
yea, ur 3.3 v is perfect, ur 5v is fine, ur 12v is a tad bit under, but you have a 15%+- margin of error on the 12v i think. are your voltages fluctuating alot? like 5v going from 4.75 t 5.25, or maybe 12 from 11.5 to 12.5?
Its more like 5% +/-

bmxfreakrider said:
yea, ur 3.3 v is perfect, ur 5v is fine, ur 12v is a tad bit under, but you have a 15%+- margin of error on the 12v i think. are your voltages fluctuating alot? like 5v going from 4.75 t 5.25, or maybe 12 from 11.5 to 12.5?

The 5v fluxes but only a bit. 5.08 - 5.11 & 5.00vsb - 5.03vsb
The other rails have been steady.

nitestick said:
am i invisible :p?

Heh,
No, no sorry. I just got finished reading the "how to" post and then simply forgot to come back and reply.
I was taking my reading from the BIOS and the mobo software and haven't tested with a voltmeter because I don't have one.
The post was very informative though and I just may have to do that. Thanks.
The Mach 1 tested well in reviews, not the most efficent mind you, but clean and stable. I'll be surprised if I happen to have gotten a bad box. I'm starting to suspect the USB headers instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom