What kind of games can my pc run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA01

Baseband Member
Sometimes it's a hit or miss when I want to buy a game and sometimes I don't because I don't want to risk buying something that doesn't work. So that's why I'm gonna ask, what kind of games could my PC run with these specs so far? Anyone willing to list a couple is much appreciated.

Here's my specs:

Processor: 2GHZ 2800+ AMD Sempron 333mhz FSB.

512mb RAM
PC2700 DDR

Video Card: VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP (this is where it all goes down hill).
Integrated 64mb.

that's about all I can think of, my pc isn't that great I know, but this is all I can use for now...

you could run some games at with everything but the video chipset, the VIA Unichrome are basically the lowest you can get. So unless you can upgrade the video you're a bit out of luck

you dont live in the budget world do you Talldude? I gamed on a Geforce 6600GT that only had 128mb of memory and most of my games ran fine at medium. Just because the video card doesnt have 256mb of memory (yes i know its becoming a standard) doesnt mean it won perform well, cause the person that has it might not care about big and bad computers that can output flashy graphics, not all of us play games just to see good graphics many of use play them for the sheer enjoyment

COD2_fanatic said:
you dont live in the budget world do you Talldude? I gamed on a Geforce 6600GT that only had 128mb of memory and most of my games ran fine at medium. Just because the video card doesnt have 256mb of memory (yes i know its becoming a standard) doesnt mean it won perform well, cause the person that has it might not care about big and bad computers that can output flashy graphics, not all of us play games just to see good graphics many of use play them for the sheer enjoyment

I said Chipsets (Build into motherboard) below 256MB won't be able to game. My current chipset is 256MB, plays anything at low-medium settings. I have never owned a video card, so I don't know how they work with games. :confused:

never owned a video card?! The intergrated video you have is basically a video card core on the motherboard, it practically is a video card its just not dedicated.

Have you never built your own computer?

COD2_fanatic said:
never owned a video card?! The intergrated video you have is basically a video card core on the motherboard, it practically is a video card its just not dedicated.

Have you never built your own computer?

I built a computer for a friend, but never built my own computer. This one I have now was a demo model knocked down to nothing ($400).

The graphics I have right now are more than adequate for what I need. Plays the Sims 2 at 1024*768 medium detail, that's all I need.

Of course it would be nice to have a 7600GT PCI-E, but Tiger charges too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom