linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
lol, so..i have only been familiar with windows os's all my life 98-xp and now im intrested in linux,

so far i have discovered that there are many versions of it and i was wondering which was the best when you want to run normal day to day "windows programs"

please help

There isnt a version of Linux, that I know of, that lets you use Windows apps. However, there is alot of programs supported for Linux. GIMP, Firefox, Winamp...the list goes on.

The version of Linux that you want is up to you. There are so many flavors, bet'cha you can't eat just one :p

well i also read nto linux and soon came to the conclusion of...whats the point other than its free

no direct X for games
drivers are a bith and stupid things like to instlal a wireless card i had to get an app that emulates the waindows installs drivers or somethign like that so whats teh point may aswell use windows.. but if you want to go through that nightmare of mine try ubuntu or kubuntu

@snypercore: How about no viruses? How about that you can play almost any game via WINE (i believe)?

i heard WINE can bearly play anything good and i cnat even remeber the last time i had a virus using XPpro so ...

*waits for fanboy "the general" to come and flame my *** like a johova whitness* (spelling of johava wrong but screw it)

but to stay on topic if you really wanna know more there is a linux section of this forum

MS is a big company that do kinda "CRUSH" any kinda of competitors or anyone who makes any kinda new software by giving it away for free with a MS stamp on it in the next service pack or version of windows. but hey business is business and that doesnt stop me from using 3rd party apps. and back to viruses last time i had a virsus was back in the sasser worm days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom