How could this work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Well I want to buy Vista Upgrade for my xp home but i would install it on my pc now, but im building a new pc in a few months and would have to install home then vista on that. Would it let me do that?

No. Well technically at least. You could but when you tried to activate it would flag it as pirated.

Since you would change the CPU and mobo that constitutes a new PC in M$'s eyes. So according to the EULA you should have to buy a new version of Vista.

But you could call then and get it activated.

So basically when I build my new PC ill have to install XP full and activate it then upgrade to Vista but ill have to activate it by phone since I already used the serial for this PC

ive just installed vista aswell as XP on a dual boot setup and IMO

stay with XP unless you have much patience and a very good PC with teh following specs i had such poor performance from vista

1GB 400Mhz RAM (oc'd to 440Mhz)
ATI RADEON X1950Pro 256MB graphics card
2 IDE HDD's
NFORCE3 mother board
AMD 64 VENICE 3800+ @2.4Ghz

all in all thats a pretty decent setup and will pass XP min requirements many times over but vista, is my mightmare drivers for my new GFX card screwed it up even though they are for VISTA, and i had around 100MB spare when vista was idle (no windwos or apps running)

My specs are

1042mb RAM (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BGF Geforce 6200 256mb AGP
150 HDD
Intel Bayfield D865GBF Mobo
Intel P4, 3000 Mhz ( 15x200 )

When I run Vista upgrade Advisor it tells me I should get Home Basic, but when I go to Ultimate the only problem is that I dont have a DVD-RW drive which isnt a big deal.

^^ with that setup your gonna be screaming at your monitor, if you are deff gonna have vista then do yourself a favour and partition your HDD and keep you XP there. youll soon see what i mean

ALSO i have ultimate installed how diff the other version run i dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom