Weird Device Manager Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

COCOCOOKIE

In Runtime
HI! I have this PC Sony PCV-RS510, Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, Integrated Video and Audio. I was checking out IRQs in the Device Manager and I noticed that the Processor is listed twice. I opened the Properties for each one of them and the iformation is exactly the same except for the Device Instance Id in the Details tab. The first Processor Device Instance Id is
ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_X86_FAMILY_15_MODEL_2\_0

And the second Processor Device Instance Id listed is
ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_X86_FAMILY_15_MODEL_2\_1

Also, when I looked in " Advanced System Information" in Control Panel, the same information shows as follow:

Processor: X86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 Genuine Intel 2793 MHz

Processor: X86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 Genuine Intel 2793 MHz

Why is the CPU showing up twice? It's not a Dual Core, so I don't understand the reason for that. I have almost the same kind of PC (Pentium 4 2.80 GHz...) and it is listed only once.
ANYONE HAS ANY CLUE ABOUT THIS??? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! GO BEARS!!!!

HT technology

Its happen bcoz ur processor may supports "HT technology" (Hyperthreading technology.) . Just go to ur bios & check it. :cool:

Hi,Digiboy! Thanks for your response! I now remember seeing the "HT" on the Intel logo when it boots up. That question was KILLING ME! So, it shows up as if it had a co-processor? Is that what it is? Thank you for your help!

HT Technology

(HT Technology)

Hyper-threading enables multi-threaded software applications to execute two software threads in parallel, thereby improving system responsiveness. Intel Pentium 4 Processors enabled with HT Technology deliver performance and multitasking gains that result in increased productivity and efficiency.

For more info, just go to intel.com or look in

http://www.intel.com/technology/hyperthread :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom