virtual memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Using XP and outlook 2000 with spamfighter. I keep getting virtual memory too low and I did what the above poster suggested. Still getting error. I had the happen with a win 98 machine with outlook 2000 and spamfighter as well. I removed spamfighter thinking that was the problem but I am still getting the error. How do I fix this please? it is very aggravating. I choose "System managed size." Set it and forget it but it didn't help.

you have to increase your page file, system managed stinks. if you have the hard drive space set min and max to 4096 so it doesnt fragment which also reduces performance.

I have 1 HD and min allowed 2 MB, recommended 753 mb, currently allocated 753 MB. I use AVG. What specifically would you suggest I set it to please?

dont worry about the recomended, if you have 4 gigs of space on your hard drive, youll deff see an improvement with 4gigs of virtual memory. so like i suggested before set it at 4096. you will never get a low virtual memory message again i promise, because its the maximum you can set it at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom