Computer always close itself 10secs after the booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hariel

Solid State Member
Everytimes i try to start the computer it shut down about 10 seconds after the boot. I did the memory test; tried to switch them over and it didn't seem to help or anything.

I managed to reach the bios screen after i did a CMOS jumping but again, after the 10 seconds run out the computer simply close itself.

If i try to restart the computer after it first closed, i can hear 4 beeps. The first one last about 1.5second, the second last about 1sec, the third one last like the first and finaly the last one last like the second one.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Matt

P.s: Sorry if my english might sound bad but it is not my first language.

List all components.
When did this problem Start?
Did you add any new software or hardware prior to this Problem?
What Anti virus program do you use and do you keep it along with windows up to date?

Problem started 2 days ago when i removed the heatsink to clean it. But it wasn't the first time i did it. The reason i did it is because i had some really weird overheating issues.

The computer was idle and the cpu was overheating at about 62-70 degree. After i cleared the heatsink out of the computer i discovered that 2 screw of the heatsink was broken and stuck in small tubes on the motherboard, the ones you plug it into above the cpu. After that i tried to remove out the screw inside the small tubes but it was without success. So i just put it all back in and tried to boot and it wasn't working anymore.

The motherboard is a intel 915GAV, videocard is a Radeon X1350 512mb, 2k ram kingston 333mhz, cpu is 3.4ghz hyper threading and that about it.

And for the anti virus i hadnt any.

I hope it help you discover the problem :),

Thanks for helping,

Matt

Unattach all components except video card, RAm and processor. Clear CMOS. Then turn it on and see if it POSTs. If it does you can repeat process adding one component at a time. If it does not POST you try different RAM, if that doesn't change anything, different Video card. If that doesn't change anything. Try your proc in another motherboard. If you can't do that or it doesn't work. Start RMA things. Starting with the Motherboard.

I took a screenshot of what it says on my monitor before the computer shut itself up ;

Hope it help

Do that mean that the motherboard, memory and cpu are intact?

Also about the heatsink i can't attach it correctly since 2 of the 4 screws are broke and are stuck into small tubes placed on the motherboard. I tried to force them out of the tubes but without success :\.

Right now the heatsink is only attached on the right side.

Here the image of my heatsink

dsc00038cn3.jpg

And here the image of the area near my cpu. You can see the 4 tubes i'm talking about with the broken screw part in them.

dsc00036jz9.jpg

Well...there's your problem...

Turn the motherboard over and take the backplate off.

There something wrong with all that, how could there be any overheat if the computer was closed all day? It can't really be the heat that make it close. Heck how could it reach over 80 degree celcius in 10 seconds and that before windows xp loading up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom