Dual boot 64 and 32 bit Vista Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
AMD 4200 CPU, 2 x 150 GB drives

1. What problems arise if dual boot Vista Ultimate 32 bit as default and 64 bit as slave dirve?

2. I had major difficulties with 64 and 32 bit XPpro, but it seems that it is necessary to install 64 bit version first as default and 32 bit as slave. This is annoying as there is still a paucity of 64 bit programs as yet. Is this the same for Vista?

Not yet, but about to happen.

Not the point. I had problems with 32 and 64 bit XP and sought some idea if I will have similar problems with Vista Ultimate 32 and 64 bit.

You would think that Microsoft was fix issues with 64-bit Operating Systems VS. Programs. I know a handful of software that works with 64-bit XP, but drivers are pretty hard to find, from what I heard.

Personally, When I do get Vista, I'm getting 32-bit.

Personally i would just get the 32 Bit Vista Ultimate till the 64 Bit gets more support.

As fo right now you will get only 1 serial to actiavte either the 32 Bit or the 64 Bit. I dont think you really want to spend $800 to get 2 serials to activate both versions.

As of right now i have heard of great support for the 32 Bit Vista. But the 64 Bit is about where XP x64 is at. No driver support nor software support.

Thanks. I understand that the Vista ultimate DVD will contain both the 32 and 64 bit versions. I am aware that there are not many drivers usable in 64 bit but, looking a program sites, more and more are offering 64 bit driver versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom