Fully Optimized
This is what my rig is going to look like pretty soon:

C2D e6600
2gb Corsair XMS2
Gigabyte DS3 Motherboard
Creative Xfi Xtrememusic
Cool gigabyte case
8800gtx or 8800gts..

Now i know crysis is long from now, but..
as your personal opinion which gpu should i order anticipating crysis to play close to full settings? Is their that much of a difference?

Thanks,
Alexsabree

The GTS wouldn't get anywhere near to full settings on a game like Crysis, the GTX would, or at least it wouldn't be far off max settings and it would look unbelievable!

I can't imagine the GTS not being able to play it at a tolerable level with high settings, but prolly not extreme max settings.

Deathawk said:
Buy a GPU when Crysis is near out, or out. Why buy a GPU now for something later... when the r600s are around the corner.

I 2nd this... If your current GPU is fine for current games/apps, then stick with it until closer to game launch. Then you will (hopefully) have the choice between R600 and 8800 series, and prices will alst likely drop by then.

by then... we will have the 8900's and the r650's out... and i myself couldnt wait that long... lol

but.. i do know, i will end up selling this gts to a friend for an r600 or 8900

and the rig your building... is almost exactly the same as mine!! :cool:

and, i don't think any of us could say weather it can or can not run crysis on max settings... we've never actually seen these cards run in dx10 mode... so we'll have to wait and see how they really work, and how they really shine with that

Ethereal_Dragon said:
I 2nd this... If your current GPU is fine for current games/apps, then stick with it until closer to game launch. Then you will (hopefully) have the choice between R600 and 8800 series, and prices will alst likely drop by then.

Don't forget that Nvidia will answer the R600 quickly with the 8900. It will either be 80nm or 65nm so it will be able to clock a lot higher. It should also have 1GB of DDR4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom