Will this Ram work With this Motherboard Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm. Well, the motherboard specs state it's designed for 800Mhz and 667Mhz memory. The memory you propose is 533Mhz, so there's a chance it won't be compatible.

However, it's often the case that slower memory will work even when it's not specifically supported. It all depends on your BIOS settings, and also on what kind of memory is already present.

Edit: I reviewed your motherboard's manual, and this came out:

memas0.jpg

So it seems 533Mhz is supported after all. The RAM stick you proposed should work.

Do keep in mind that if you install RAM modules rated at different speeds, they will run at the speed of the slowest one.

ok thanks for that just that i been having problems with ps/2 and usb slots not working at all ont he board and was trying to rule out everything so ,,, doen to ram and chip rest have been changed incase was faulty!!

Well, if you were suspecting it was a RAM incompatibility issue, it was really simple: if the computer boots up with a particular RAM module in it, it's compatible.

If it's the front USB ports that are showing problems, it's very possible it's because they're not connected properly to the motherboard.

If you mean the ports in the back (and that includes the PS/2 port), then it could be more difficult than that. Try plugging devices you're 100% sure are working.

yeah the back ones! tried 3 diffo keyboards and mice still with same result. curious ! should the ram test info show up bright white at system start?

250gig samsung HD
Semprom 3200
DDR2 512, 533 single channel 64 bit
Winfast K8M890M2MA-RS2H
500w 24pin

So it's definitely the ports, whether it's hardware- or software-related. Were they working in the past? If so, when did they stop working? Did anything in particular happened?

About the ram test, I don't know what you mean. Most bootup tests are displayed in white letters, yes. Why?

So it's a new motherboard... never used before. Can I ask about the detailed specs of the pieces you bought? Like brand and model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom