What IS this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

enuex

Beta member
I recently ordered some sound activated cathodes for modding up my PC a little, however my supplier sent the wrong product. I have since got a refund, but they did not demand the wrong product back...

...but, what is this product?? I am hoping some people here might have the knowledge to let me know... I have 6-8 of these tubes, and these tubes alone... here are some pics, I apologise for the poor webcam quality, but please ask if you want any other angled/styled pics or any descriptions...

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Thanks for any help... like I said, just ask if you want any more pics/info!

rofl this is funny. I got the same thing as u i just got it yestuday. There black lights. Just in cold catholdes. The font on the package was red so i thought it was red but its not red.. so um yea. U see that little button it comes with? i dirlled a hole on the top of my case and i put that button there (3/4 drill bit). I got 2 of them. like 2 sets of them. these lights are not bright but they look really cool. O btw, the packaging on them was clear right?

not necessarilly black lights, but they are indeed cold cathodes haha.. i mean, didn't you see the pics when you were buying them? or did you really think some alien got into the packaging plant? =) there should be a box that comes with 'em that you plug the cold cathodes into, which is where the sound activation comes from, you can typically turn them on or off, although some only have it on.

I don't think you read my post Demalii... these are the WRONG product... I didnt see any pictures, because I didn't order them and got sent them incorrectly, hence the fact I got instantly refunded... they didn't come with a sound module or inverters or anything, or fancy packaging, just a cardboard case with 6 in em.

Looks like I'll need a molex to 3 pin inverter to find out for sure anyway...

well u got ripped off or w/e. There is suppsot to be a sound box you plug it into then the 4 pin molex then u plug that into the PSU. So if it dont come in the soundbox then eaither someone took it out or u got ripped off..

the thing u show in pics is cold light cathode ,from the pic i think u mean inverter so that u can connect it to power supply .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom