best s939 oc'ing mobo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't go SLI, it's a waste of money. It's a waste of money to pay for the motherboard company to tack an extra PCI slot on there and a waste to pay for another graphics card to slightly increase performance. Just get one good card, be it Nvidia or ATI, One of eithers top end models would be fine. Just start looking around DFI street for all the recommended parts, there's huge sections about what parts work well with DFI boards. Are you trying to build a whole new PC with some re-used parts or just getting a new motherboard?

Yeah I wouldnt go SLI either. Especially with the new powerhouse DX10 cards out etc

To get some really high overclocks you will have to do a lot of tweaking - like others have said check out DFIstreet.

I'll be selling a gig of Mushkin Redline XP4000 ram in a bit which pairs really well with a DFI LP mobo.

M733mhz said:
Don't go SLI, it's a waste of money. It's a waste of money to pay for the motherboard company to tack an extra PCI slot on there and a waste to pay for another graphics card to slightly increase performance. Just get one good card, be it Nvidia or ATI, One of eithers top end models would be fine. Just start looking around DFI street for all the recommended parts, there's huge sections about what parts work well with DFI boards. Are you trying to build a whole new PC with some re-used parts or just getting a new motherboard?

im doing a rebuild.. im going to use mt old proc. for now 3200 s939 my hdds 2 80gb barracudas and my case alienware... and for the time being my psu 460watt idk the maufature of head.... and i was going to use my ram 2 512mb patriot but i cant find the same one to make a gig... but we will see about mem.....

do they still make those boards? i went to the egg and they only had the sli one and the infinty one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom