Need Help in BIOS update

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you need to find the vendors' site. Go there, check for updates. It's quite possible they'll have a program that will "flash" the bios for you. The program will have a readme.txt as do most which will help guide you through the process... wow that sounded like a windows saying... mind you that when flashing the bios, you have a chance you could actually kill the motherboard, which happened to me not to long ago. So be careful and read their help files.

first go to ur motherboards vendor site and try to download the new version of ur bios.Then if ur bios is flash check for the u user manual if not u can download the manual which is pdf form read that and it will be easy. While bios is updating don't try to restart the computer.It may corrupt ur before bios and ur system may cause some serious trouble.

Depending on what kind of bios update is available, you have two options.

Option 1: Download a file that creates a boot disk with the BIOS update on it, boot from the disk and it will update as needed.

Option 2: Download a file that updates the BIOS from your windows desktop, this is only on newer machines.

WARNING: DON'T POWER OFF your PC during these updates, it is very serious. You can render you computer USELESS....

thanks for reply .I just downloaded the BIOS updated tool ,it is AWDFLASH.exe file .what should i do then ?I read the manual before ,just not relly understand it .Sorry for asking stupid question .

p/s : my motherboard is asus A7N8X.

first make startup disk then restart ur system in dos mode using this floppy disk then at at a prompt type the drive letter of the drive in which the awdflash.exe is stored then run that .exe file
then aprogram runs asking for the downloadable file which is in .bin format then type these file name where it has been asked in the awdflash.exe program remember both .exe and .bin files should be in the same drives not in a folder . U should download the .bin file from the vendors site which is the the main bios update file. after these if the file is correct the .exe file automatically updates ur bios but remember donot restart ur system while bios is updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom