windows wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccm0030

Baseband Member
my laptop is stuck on the black screen with white lettering that asks to start up with "last known configuration", "start windows normally", "safe mode" "safe mode" with networking" and "safe mode with command promt" if i choose one it jsut brings me back to that sma screen it does let me get into just safe mode though

i am using widows xp.

any help would be apreciated

thanks

When did this problem start?
Did you make any software or hardware changes prior to this problem?
Using your windows XP Disc, insert disk, enter CMOS Setup, change to boot from CD, save and restart. HIt enter when it asks to boot from CD, once it loads, >Install windows, it will detect a previous installation, then hit R for repair.

it justed started today.i justed checked my emails with it and played some flash games.

when i get to the part where i press R is that all i do or is there going to be something else i have to do?

thanks

Thats all you do, it then does a repair install of windows. It should reboot by itself when done and then go through like your installing windows. It may ask u some questions and it could ask you to reactivate. But that shouldn't be a problem as long as you have the key. And don't worry, You won't lose your files. But, this is a lession in backing up your data as well.

is there anyway that i can find out my cd key becuase my laptop didnt come with the disc. i do have another one that i can use but i dont have teh key

Call the company you bought it from and tell them you need the disc. You may have to pay.

You can check the bottom of your labtop for a sticker with a key on it. They will probably ask for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom