Lite-on DVD RW
Lite-on DVD Rom
Mitsumi floppy/card reader
G.Skill DDR2 800
XFX 7600
visiontek tv tuner
2-320 gb seagate hard drive
Running MCE 2005
I got it all set up and everything seemed to be going fine. I have been installing the drivers and windows updates and all of that was done. I was now working on getting some software installed and had installed the logitech setpoint for the keyboard and mouse. I installed the antivirus avg, windows defender which I had to uninstall because it kept on going corrupt. Anyway I was messing with the Al Lifestyles features and was just learning and playing around a little bit with fan settings etc. Nothing major at all. It had to restart and bam. It won't restart. The fans and dvd roms work, and the power light on the mobod is lit. No power to the screen at all now. What is up. I cleared the cmos and it said it couldn't find the dvd rom, floppy etc. but it won't let me get into the bios. Does anyone have any idea at all. I have built many computers and had minor problems but never this. WoW.

Hi there
I also just built a computer with a ASUS board and had the worst time ever with quarkie things also. Are you getting any beep codes at all? Have you tried to reset it again? I would try another power supply if you have one around? Try to unplug everything and reseat them. Like the CPU and RAM and any cards you have. Take everything out but the CPU and one stick of ram and vid card. I have a problem with ram on my board not same board as yours but i can only run the ram in the B 1 and 2 slots. I even got a replacment board and still no luck.

I got it to come back on after an hour or so of trying and it came back and said that the overclocking failed. I am not overclocking to my knowledge so it must be the software program that came with the board. I may have to get rid of it if I can get back in again. I went in and updated the bios because of the fixes it had only to have it do it again. Now I am trying to get it to come back on again. Everything has power just no boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom