Prices 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
I kinda need a new video card i have a built in 8 mb s3 Prosavage lol. I am currently looking for a good video card under 210$ canadian. Currency Converter
I was wanting to get farcry but i need a better video card. Thanks for the help...Please try and see if the store ships to canada. Or should i wait for the price drop and how long will that be?

I've played far cry with my 9800 pro without a problem but here are a few news picked up from different sources such as gamespot etc....
FarCry is the first game which uses more than 128 M of video RAM so if you can get a 256 go for it. Just don't go for the cheap memory stuff that some companies will put on their cards.
Since I don't have your specs, check that they match the minimum requirements for the game as these are quite steep if you want all the bells and whistles to work. Ensure that you have at least 512 M of RAM (1 G is better still)
I used to own the 9600 pro and it was a good card. The prices should come down around the 3rd week of june or there abaout so if you can wait a bit longer. If you buy it from a store like Future Shop and the prices drop within 2 weeks, just go back to the store with your receipt and they will reimburse you the difference.
The 9600 PRO or XT should allow you to play the game with most of the options set to max (again depends on your specs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom