cant delete folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys
im trying to delete mozilla program files folder but i cant everytime i try and delete it it says "You need permission to delete this folder" i dont get im the administrator in windows and theres only one user ME any help?

Delete every part of it manualy, I realy hate programs that set up routines that effect your access, things you can try; delete entries, delete the parent folder, use dos to delete, reinstall then remove via the uninstall, go to safe mode(administrator) kill that beast, I won't mention the drastic measures, they've been known to have severe side effects.

i managed to delete mozilla folder in program files in safe mode but when i install mozilla firefox i want it to completely install like as if i have never installed it beforeyou see what i mean? what other locations you think i could delete it from

Unless they took it out of Vista, when booting you should be able to press F8 and boot into Safe Mode. Delete it from there.

For Vista the Mozilla profile should be under

C:\Doc&Settings\users\User Name\Roaming\

It should be in the roaming folder somewhere. I dont have Vista running at this time so i cant give you the exact location. Just make sure you have all files viewed. That is under the control panel>folder Options.

you could also try deleting entries from the registry associated with the word 'mozilla' one-by-one until you can delete the folder, or just remove all entries associated, and delete

try running CCleaner (freeware), select the issues button on the left, and then 'scan for issues' button at the bottom. there should be some mozilla crap in there

There also a program called killbox that May delete files or folders in use or protected. I have it, just never needed to use it.
Just google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom